Friday, July 9, 2010

My fishing trip to Estero Bay



Date: 06/20/2010
On this day I went to Estero Bay to go fishing with some friends.

Marine Experience
For my marine experience I went fishing with some of my good friends in Estero Bay, but we forgot to take pictures because we didn’t catch anything but I remembered a bridge that we went under and I finally figured out which one it was so I drove to it and took pictures from the bridge of the bay.
When we went out on the boat the first thing that we started talking about was the tides so that we could see what kind of fish we were going to try and catch. I related this to the definition of a marine system, as that explains the type of environment that we were in because a marine system is a place that has water from the ocean and it directly affected by the tides and contains living species from the area. The types of fish that we were mainly going for were snook, redfish, or trout. These are the main species of animals that habitat the bay waters. When we were fishing we mainly followed along the lines of the mangroves hoping for a bite. Mangroves along the shore and islands of mangroves were the main species of plants that we were encountering. The mangroves on the islands seemed to serve as very popular nesting grounds for birds as there were many empty nests all over them.
I have always been surprised to see how to be able to drive your boat in the back bays of Florida you must always follow a certain channel. I stopped to think about that for a second and realized that all the channels were man-made and there are thousands of miles of channels throughout Florida made just for boaters and I could not imagine the impact that man has had on the ecosystem after all that destruction of the natural habitat. I think that for nature the building of these channels were nothing but another disturbance from mankind as the flora and fauna of the area was completely transformed so that nasty smoky boats and people themselves could pollute the waters and deplete a great amount of the fish from the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment