Saturday, July 10, 2010

Kite-Birds


Date: 06/23/2010
One of my favorite birds that I first started paying attention to when I started the class was a kite bird that I saw right outside of my house when I was doing my walk around my neighborhood at the beginning of the semester. I have gone online a few times to read about these birds and I mainly learned that they live near warm areas with nearby water and usually pray on frogs and other reptiles. I mainly like the bird because of its really cool looking tail which as I can see helps it make really fast turns and be very agile in the air.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this split tail bird for the first time in the Southern Mississippi a few months ago! I always see birds and I never saw this type of bird before in my area, is this bird new to Southern Mississippi?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw one for the first time ever here in Winter Park ,Florida. I am a real bird lover and this was a real treat for me. I live across the street from Lake Killarney.

    ReplyDelete